Sunday, April 29, 2007

Eagle Song - The Imperials



I stood and watched an eagle fly
spread its wings and soared across the sky
so gracefully he flew
rising effortlessly
I wanted to know just how to be free

Tiny fingers curled round mine
perfectly formed, new born
the image of two
infinite mystery
I wanted to know where life comes from

What human intellect can't sway
must be explained away
earth wisdom religions of men
search without end to fill the spirit house within
simplicity of God somehow escapes man

I reached for the eternal one
creation he was waiting to reveal
His purpose in me
He said this is where life begins
I made your spirit to glide on the wind

Come let's glide on the wind
come on let's glide on the wind
on the wind, on the wind, on the wind.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:02:00 AM, Blogger Todd Saunders said...

I like the John 3 reference to the wind and how so is everyone who is reborn of the Spirit.

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Leo said...

I see you have "mined" another classic!

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hey you two, there are so many truths in this "classic" song. There are more to come. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home