Friday, April 06, 2007

To Repent Or Not To Repent That is the Question Part I

Here is Part I of an excellent series on whether or not repentance is a requirement of the salvation process.

There are nine parts to this series. Here are the additional links. I plan to post one each day for those of you who do not wish to see them all at once.

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part II

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part III

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part IV

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part V

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part VI

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part VII

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part VIII

To Repent Or Not to Repent - Part IX

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Friday, April 06, 2007 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I am sorry to say I disagree with the position taken there.

I believe that the only condition for eternal life is trust in Christ for that gift.

Usually persons will come to the point of faith recognising theri sinfulness, but this is not in itself a condition of justification.

Antonio wrote some great posts about this:

Parenthesis from James Study: The gospel of John / Soteriology

Repentance and the Great Commission

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 6:27:00 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Matthew, have you read all nine parts? I plan to post a link to all nine parts of this series by TJ.

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:58:00 AM, Blogger Leo said...

Dawn,

Thanks for posting this I did not realize that there were nine parts until I started searching his blog for subsequent parts. I have like 28 pages from him on repentance. From what I read in the first three I am in agreement with his views.

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 9:02:00 AM, Blogger jazzycat said...

Dawn,
Just checking in to say Hi. Thanks for all the comments on my Romans 8 series. I have heard Romans called the mountain top of the N.T. and chapter 8 the very peak of the mountain top.

Repentance is certainly a great study.

wayne

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Leo, I'm glad you were able to find all nine parts. I was afraid to link to all of them for fear that people would be overwhelmed and not want to read them. I know I tend to feel that way and am more apt to read them one at a time as posted.

I will change my post to reflect that there are nine parts to the series.

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hey Jazzy! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

I'm enjoying your study on Romans 8. I have not finished it yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home